Saturday, October 3, 2009

Entrepreneurship - what sets Indians apart...

In the three weeks that has elapsed since I came back to India, I have seen lots of changes in the last three years.

The good stuff is-
1. Increased consumerism - everybody owns a cell phone, people are spending a lot of money in clothes and food
2. Constructions - more roads, flyovers, buildings.

The bad stuff-
1. Traffic - driving at peak hours is suicidal. People have lost the road sense that they used to have. This might be because of increasing jobs, more people are commuting to work and roads are crowded.
2. Pollution - dust, dust everywhere. A drive outside and all the dust in Chennai is inside my body. Everyday when I return home and look at myself in the mirror, I look like a brownie.
3. Fast food junkie culture.










But despite all this, in the global arena, one thing that sets Indians apart from the Chinese is the entrepreneurial attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment